The Haus am Lützowplatz (HaL) - founded in 1960 - is Berlin's oldest art association. The HaL is organizing five exhibitions each year in the Belle Floor of a town villa built in 1873. The building was fundamentally renovated after destruction in the Second World War and accommodates now, among othees, the offices of the Cultural Foundation of the States and the Federal Cultural Foundation. The project space of the HaL, the so-called Studiogalerie, which is located in the backyard garden, is predominantly given to guest curators. The projects are accompanied by a rich program of guided tours, readings, discussions, concerts and performances. The focus of the exhibition activity is on contemporary art. Since the end of 2016 a large text-work by Christian Jankowski can be found on of the facade of the house.